Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Family Conference

Mark and Gayle are here for a few days. Meg, Nate and Ev went over to help Mom with yard and house prep this morning while I worked with a student. (We offered and Mom accepted--hooray!) Then Meg, Nate and I headed to the airport to pick up M & G.

As we were waiting to meet up at the airport, I remembered that I was supposed to call for an apointment with Dr. Kleinbaum, the oncologist. Mom had called last week to cancel her appointment when she decided against treatment, but Gayle and I wanted to talk with him about where to go from here, what to expect and resources. (Dave had talked with his sister who is an oncology nurse and she recommended this for us.) I called the office, rambled on explaining our story to the receptionist. She concisely asked, "So you want a family conference with Dr. Kleinbaum?" LOL Yes, that is exactly what I want. I'm so glad somebody knows what they are doing here! So we have an appointment tomorrow. And Mom has decided she would like to come too. She has questions.

After having a delicious lunch of Mom's gumbo, strawberries w/powdered sugar, and Martha Stewart brownies, we took Mark and Gayle over to see Dad. He seemed great! Oxygen was back in and he hadn't eaten much today (no breakfast, less than half of lunch), but he was alert and greeted everyone by name. Dad stayed with the conversation and enjoyed seeing the pictures that M & G had taken of all their children and grandchildren this past week. The kids and I left Mark and Gayle there to be picked up later by Mom after her nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment