Friday, June 11, 2010

Launch Day

Nate and Ev went this morning to help Mom with yard and house preparations. Karis and Meg worked on the yard and house here at home. This whole thing would have fallen apart long ago without our four good-hearted children. I am convinced we wouldn't make it without their willing help. After lunch I am taking them to Grammie's for the weekend, so I can stay with Mom and Dad. Grammie and Poppa time is happy time, so we are all good.

I was finally successful in getting the truck inspected this morning. I tried yesterday, but the truck had been in the shop in the a.m. and sensors were not reset yet. I pulled in to the local inspection station this morning after taking N and E to G'ma's. The same guy came out and tried to tell me that it wasn't even worth trying, there was no way the sensors were reset yet. I said, "Look, here's the short version. I have four kids. My husband is out of town for two weeks. My 89yo mother has cancer. My 88yo dad is coming home from the hospital today. I don't know when I can get back here." I don't know if he felt sorry for me or if it was the slightly crazed look in my eye, but the truck passed inspection in a matter of minutes.

Mom wants to get in her nap, so after I drop the kids at Grammie's, I'll leave the truck at the folks' and drive with Mom up to the hospital. Not so much a leap for Dad to get in and out of their car. Of course, he could probably handle the truck just fine. He and Mom have decided that Dad will just walk up the sidewalk when we get home instead of using the wheelchair. And you already know about Dad's independent shower plans. Maybe we should have left the lawn mowing for him as well? I guess he could do the edging. Who knows what the day could hold?

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you tonight, friend! You are loved, prayed for and thought of often!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete