Thursday, June 10, 2010

Let the Games Begin

Now for the funny part of the visit. Once again, today I had to call Dad's case manager to allay yet another unsubstantiated rumor of Dad's imminent release. Good grief! Those people are going to be so glad to see us go. Launch Date is still tomorrow, FRIDAY. Afternoon. Really.

Then, as Dad and I were talking, he announced his intention to pass on a shower tomorrow morning at the hospital. He plans to wait and shower at home.

Gwen: How are you going to do that?

Dad: Well, I'm going to get in the shower.

Gwen: Who's going to help you?

Dad: I feel confident in my own shower where I can sit down.

Gwen: I wonder if your case manager or the team will have any suggestions when you are released about having home health send shower help?

Dad: What? [Gwen clarifies.] Oh, well, we'll see what they suggest. But that doesn't mean I'll do it.

Don't we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment