Saturday, June 5, 2010

Protection

I didn't get by to see Dad Thursday or Friday. I was disappointed, but now I am so glad! I got sick yesterday afternoon, so sick that I had to pull over to the side of the road on the way home from work and call Dave to come get me. (My apologies to everyone at Kohl's on whom I breathed yesterday. And to Mark and Gayle, whom I took to the airport in the wee hours of Friday morning. And my thanks to the two kind souls who stopped on the side of the road to make sure I was okay.) Nate had what seemed like a 24 hour stomach bug Thursday evening and I guess I caught it. The worst is over now and I've lived to see another day. Really rotten timing with Dave's first two weeks of doctoral study in Cali starting Sunday, but at least I wasn't breathing germs on Dad right before I got sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment