Monday, June 7, 2010

Rumor Has It

I've heard from several folks who thought Dad was going home tomorrow. Heaven forbid! Dad has been telling people that he is going home Tuesday and evidently Mom believed him, even though I had it straight from the hospital case manager that he is going home Friday. Today Dad told me that they had decided to extend his stay for one more day. I guess he thinks he's going home on Wednesday now? I would not want to be the hospital staff that has to explain that one to him. I called to confirm today and Dad will definitely not be sprung from the joint until Friday.

The kids and I visited Dad today. He looked really good and sounded good. He did tell us exactly word for word the same story twice about something that happened at lunch today. But he called each of the kids by name and asked them specific questions. He enjoyed reading Nate's Chuck Norris shirt. He also regaled us with the tale of how he terrorized the nursing staff this morning when they wouldn't shower him soon enough. Hmm, maybe they will send him home tomorrow.

Then we stopped by to deliver some books to Mom. She had asked me to order the political thrillers by Joel Rosenberg as a surprise for Dad. When Mom saw Nate's aforementioned Chuck Norris shirt, she exclaimed: "Chuck Norris! You know him too?" If you ask me, CN is exactly the kind of person Mom would hang around with.

Mom asked me to make an appointment for her and me to talk things over with Ves, family friend and physician. We are going tomorrow at 2:30.

1 comment: