Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sisterly Love

Aunt Helen has been sending cards and calling Mom almost daily. I swiped this exceptionally sweet one; it was too good not to share.

The card itself says:

life...
comes with
one
simple
guarantee --
God loves you.
Perfectly.
Unendingly.

And there's
no better reason
to hope
than that.

Then Aunt Helen wrote in her distinctive handwriting:

My dear sister, I feel so fortunate to have you as my sister. I always have -- even since childhood. Now as I think back to our childhood on the upper McDowell I cannot think of any disagreements, arguments or problems we may have had.

On the other hand my memory slips every now and then -- but, I like it that way. It adds a little zest.

I think of you often.

Love,
Your sister, Helen


A side note: Karis was initially shocked that I swiped G'ma's card without permission. (I assured her I would return it!) Then after a minute, Karis asked if I would also swipe a prayer that G'ma had written and left out in the kitchen. Now I have a partner in crime.

3 comments:

  1. very cool, thanks Gwen and Karis! and we have a pic from some years ago of mom and aunt Helen sledding in Roeland Park we will make a copy and bring down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED reading this! Made me laugh and tear up all at the same time!

    Love you and can't even tell you how often I think of you! I have been listening to the new Third Day CD and inevitably pray for you during that time!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete