Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

(All expense paid vacation to the folks' house if you can name that song and the band who made it famous.)

Dave has two weeks' vacation. We have no money and no where to go. We thought about camping in the hill country and floating down the river, but the river is extremely low. I have students, the kids have parties and plans. I told Dave that it is a vacation for me just to sit in bed and read. We have plenty of projects to work on at the house and have already made the obligatory trip to Home Depot. We have resigned ourselves to a poor man's vacation at home.

Loren and Mom, however, are having a hard time with it. They insist we go to the river or the beach. Mom even called to tell me to go away. Karis called Mom to say she really wanted to come over, but Mom told her she would call back to tell her when a good time would be. No call back. We were not welcome to come clean and mow on Tuesday.

Finally, Tuesday night I texted Loren.

Gwen: We are having a great time here at the river.

Loren: What river?

Gwen: Which one do you want me to be at?

Loren: Are you funnin me girl

Gwen: I just want my family to have a vacation you and mama can feel good about.

Loren: I feel very good right now cause you are makin me laugh...regardless of what river you are at

Gwen: I'm thinking whiskey river would be best.


(Upgrade to first class if you can name the artist for that last musical reference.)

So, my current plan is to stay away and not call until Monday. Maybe that will satisfy the Vacation Gods.

3 comments:

  1. willie n? thanks for the info! I am pretty boring, but I do think a stay at home vacation is cool. especially since you live at the lake anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willie Nelson--Whiskey river take my mind...
    The Go-Go's--Can't seem to get my mind off of you, Back here at home there's nothing to do...

    When do I get my vacation at 2030? Maybe August!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this finds you reading in bed.

    ReplyDelete