Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thank You, Sister

I took Ruth to the airport today. She stayed for a week and somehow finagled her way into Mom's Inner Sanctum, the kitchen. Ruth cooked, stocked the freezer, and washed dishes. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I could count on one hand the number of times I have been allowed to cook or wash in my mom's kitchen. This was quite a feat on Ruth's part and I know it was a big help to Mom. I even witnessed Mom sitting down and reading!

Ruth also managed to feed not only the body, but the soul. She brought her violin and played tirelessly at Mom's request. Arkansas Traveler, Orange Blossom Special, Handel, hymns, the girl has no end to her repertoire. Bravo, Ruthie, bravo.




Maybe you can work up a little Pink Floyd for next time. ;)

2 comments:

  1. It was a privilege to be able to help my wonderful parents, and to give my music back to them. They made it possible for me to develop my musical skills, and I am glad to play for them! No "Pink" - I'll stick with "Orange"!

    I was thinking about Mom's request for the Hallelujah Chorus - how about if Daniel plays the piano, Gayle and I play flute and violin, and everyone who wants to sings along? I'll be sure to have lots of copies of the music available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know, Gwen (and Ruth and Bill and the others), what a blessing it has been to me to see your relationships lived out! The way you have ministered to your parents and each other has left me teary-eyed more than once! Thanks for walking out your faith in such a beautiful way!

    Much love,

    Barb

    ReplyDelete