Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Changing of the Guard

Bill left this morning to drive home. He made it safely. Endless thanks for the gentle care he gave to Mom and Dad and Aunt Helen. What would we have done without him? I will miss my big brother.

Ruth and I filled in today. I took over a box filled with pictures and letters from Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary surprise party. It only took me 12 years, but Ruth and Ev helped me finish a scrapbook of the event while we sat with Dad. Dad and Mom both enjoyed looking at memories from happier days.

Loren flew in this evening. He made it safely. Mom and Dad are happy to have him back. I'm sorry he had to return so soon. This is not a happy trip. For the first time, Loren is not coming to help Dad get back on his feet. Now we are just trying to ease Dad down gently.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Loren is safely in Conroe. So thankful for brother Bill's time of service and love. How wonderful to have a family that is helping to ease our father on his journey to his heavenly home.

    ReplyDelete