Thursday, July 22, 2010

TMI

I am thankful that as Dad wanders in and out mentally, he does so sweetly for the most part. You read about people who get cranky or mean or aggressive as dementia sets in; so far that has not been our experience. It is interesting to hear what comes out as his memories and thoughts get jumbled.

I confided in Loren some time ago that Dad had told me about his wedding night. (Lalalalalalalala) Loren told me he had heard the same story. We both agreed to wipe it from our memories. Some things you just don't want to hear about! Then Loren texted me today:

Dad is walkin good but mentally in and out...i narrowly escaped a weddin night story...i had my radio in 1 ear and was able to get the other ear in and the volume on high...the last thing i heard was the motel in topeka...20 minutes later i took the earpiece out and dad was wrapping it up...saying and that is the 5 steps to a successful marriage

Oh my gosh! I laughed so loud and hard! Ev kept asking what was so funny, but I couldn't tell her. That is by far the funniest text I have ever received.

Here's a picture of Loren in his position on the couch. Just so you can get a good visual. (I'm still laughing.)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the warning. Maybe I was dozing. I better get some headphones....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am worried--this is my fear, if I ever make it to this age. I better warn my kids, and have some gag cloths handy, or some soothing drink to make me quiet...

    ReplyDelete