Monday, July 12, 2010

Places I Never Thought I'd Go

This morning I went to the funeral home to check on Mom and Dad's arrangements. According to pattern, Dad has provided well. Everything is set up and paid for. Bless you, Dad. I answered a lot of detail questions, but not without a lot of texting to Bill. I mean, do you know the name of the town your parents were born in? Now I just have to find Dad's discharge papers from the service, circa WWII. Sure thing.

Today the hospice nurse came by to check on Dad. He was happy to see her and told her he was "much improved". She asked him what was improved and he told her he was "walking better". Um, no. A hospice aide came by later and gave Dad a bed bath. I guess he was too tired for a stand-up shower.

I couldn't remember what our doctor had told the nurse to admit Dad to hospice under. The official names are:

*Coronary Artery Disease

*Sick Sinus--the heart not working right

*Immune Disorder--keeps getting sick

3 comments:

  1. I've been afraid to go the 5iar board. I think when someone you don't know but think you do is there and going through something like you you want to avoid all other conversations and people. What could possibly compare to prepare yourself and others meeting Jesus?
    My heart is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, Ernestine. How is your dad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in on your family and wiping away tears for these dear ones I haven't even had the privilege of knowing. Continuing to think of and pray for all of you throughout these days, dear Gwen. May God continue to strengthen and uphold you as you walk this road with such courage and grace. You are dearly loved...

    ReplyDelete