Thursday, July 1, 2010

Doctor Visit

Bill and I took Dad to see Dr. Ves yesterday. Dad had wanted an appointment to see about his cough. Bill and I wanted to find out about Dad's wheezing and wretched sleep pattern. Ves has recently moved his practice, leaving the big conglomerate and starting up with a long-time colleague. Medical records haven't caught up with the move yet, so Dad had to fill out new patient paperwork, which was interesting. Then we had to wait about an hour, which was tiring. But I did have a nice visit with my oldest brother. :)

Cough--Ves recommended Dad take Pepcid as suggested by the hospital treatment team. There is such a thing as "reflux cough".

Wheezing--Ves sent us for a chest x-ray. We are to call for results this morning.

Sleep--Ves referred us to a urologist. He thought that was a good place to start, since Dad has had prostate trouble in the past. If that is all clear, we will come back to Ves again.

The whole visit was tiring for me; I can only imagine how exhausted Dad must have felt. Bill pretty much had to stuff Dad into the car for the ride home. Maybe he slept better as a result. We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment