Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another Change

Yesterday morning, the kids all went over to the folks' with me. We did our blitzkrieg thing where Nate mows, the girls and I clean, and everyone sort of generally does whatever Gma asks. My personal favorite is when my mom has my kids out there with the hand-held clippers, trimming the edges like Chuck Norris.

Usually, Dad loves having the children over. Even if he is not interactive, he enjoys the life they bring. Not yesterday. At one point in the morning, Dad asked Ruth to take him back to his bed. He wanted to nap and felt there was too much commotion in his house. I know this is another sign of Dad shutting down. And I don't think I'm taking it personally. It's just sad.

2 comments:

  1. I'm caught up now. Thanks for reconnecting me. I have no words to express how much I love you and your mom and dad. I want to help all of you but I don't know what you need. I feel like we've had to breeze past each other at church and the vista. I'll do whatever a friend does at a time like this. I'm sorry you are having to break this new ground. You know you can ask anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I visited my mom, right before she died, she just stayed curled up in the fetal position & we couldn't get her to engage in any conversation with us. It was so obvious that she was just ready to go & disengage with this world. In a way, it made it easier to let her go. I am praying for you guys. Knowing & loving Bill & Ann, well, your blog just means a lot to us to sort of be going though it with you.

    ReplyDelete