Friday, August 13, 2010

Hospital Bed

Dad did not get up at all once he got to his red chair yesterday morning. Not to eat. Not to toilet. Not to the study. He couldn't even make it to his bedroom. For the first time ever, Dad slept in the hospital bed last night. I haven't heard yet how the night went. And I don't assume for a minute that he won't get up this morning and walk laps in the driveway. If there's anything I know for sure, it is that I don't know anything for sure about Dad's health.

I'm headed over this morning to stay until Bill arrives tomorrow night.

Clarification: I realized that I have left out some pertinent info. Yesterday morning when Mom's home health nurse was in to check on Mom, she looked at Dad's arm and diagnosed it cellulitis. She said Dad needed antibiotics or it would go into his blood. Of course this scared Mom. She called me and had me call hospice. A hospice nurse came out and by noon antibiotics and pain pills were delivered to the doorstep. So Dad is on antibiotics.

Mom won't give him pain pills because he doesn't complain. That's a whole other topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment