Thursday, August 26, 2010

Goodbye, Goodbye, Goodbye

I keep having to say "goodbye" to people I'd really rather stay. Most of the out-of-town relatives left directly after the Tuesday services. My brother Loren and his family left this morning. I missed them as soon as they pulled away from the curb, maybe even sooner. My brother Bill and his wife will leave tomorrow or maybe Saturday.

Mom will be so alone. Even she has confided in Bill that "It's going to be lonely." This is a huge admission of need from the woman who wouldn't let us come share Thanksgiving with her last year!

This leave-taking is hard. I visited Dad's grave today and told him I missed him and that even though I told him before it was okay to go, I really didn't want him to. Death sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy didn't like me saying it, but several times I told her "this sucks". She'd say "umph, no it doesn't" I'd say "no, not for you". Then we'd laugh, but I was crying inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gwen, I am deeply in thoughts with you and all the family. For you, it's time to take care of you, and go on holidays. God gives always strength to go through hard times, but not more.Don't push your luck. A big hug
    Anne (from Switzerland)

    ReplyDelete