Thursday, August 12, 2010

Facts and Figures

I talked with the social worker from hospice again today. Here is what she found out for us:

*One agency in town has CNAs that can handle Dad's needs. Cost: $15-$17 per hour.

*Two skilled nursing facilities in town that she deemed recommendable. Cost: $2K-$3K per month for a double room. In hell.

*The monthly income amount below which VA will help with costs. Dad is about $100 per month over the cap.

Good information. I appreciate her help. It looks bleak.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, why not liquidate some assets so Dad can qualify for the VA? I really think that Paul should take a semester off and help... Or I should take a crash CNA course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken's parents liquidated and signed over stuff so they could qualify for the help they needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love you. I feel it so much when I read this blog. Then I see you and it's all, hey there and chit chat. Your parents play a large role in my life, have had a significant impact and still do, and will leave a considerable hole when they depart. I am also reminded that this is just around the corner in my family.

    ReplyDelete