Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Thrills

Dad is safely ensconced in the lovely long-term hospital. He seems to know where he is, why he's there, and is pretty pleased about it. He does sound really wheezy and does not have an appetite. He also is complaining of a pain in his right shoulder area. You know it hurts if he is mentioning it. The nurse asked what he usually takes for pain. Hah! I explained that he grew up in The Depression and served in WWII; he doesn't take anything for pain.

Mom had her PET scan today. Great technician and Mom handled it well. We had a tasty bowl of soup at Panera afterwards. :) No more appointments for Mom until Tuesday with the oncologist and Wednesday with the surgeon. She made it through the marathon. I think she is very tired.

A bright spot: When I called this evening to tell her Dad's new room number, she had just had a good visit with Aunt Helen. I'm sure they giggled like schoolgirls and enjoyed hearing each other's voices. My favorite quote Mom shared:

"Ann, you shouldn't go to the doctor. They are sure to find something wrong with you." -- Aunt Helen

1 comment:

  1. Paul just took me out to Panera--had a bowl of the Garden Vegetable Pesto--delicious! Thank you, Gwen, for all you are doing and have done. I hope you will get some well-deserved rest; at least at sleep in your own bed! I left a message for Marsha early this afternoon, and haven't heard back. Maybe she instigated the call between the sisters. So glad Dad is at the rehab hospital!

    ReplyDelete