Friday, September 30, 2011

The Fortress

When I popped in to see Mom this morning, she insisted I go out back to see the progress on the fence. Perry has completed the back portion and one side. And it looks amazing! I cannot get over how much better Mom's yard looks with the fencing up. I told her it is like a frame for her trees and plants. Plus, and it is a very big plus, Mom's backdoor neighbor's harassing dogs are hidden from view.

Perry came while I was there. He told me Mom is referring to the fence as The Fortress. I will concede that an eight foot fence after about 38 years of nothing is a big change. But I am not exaggerating when I repeat how good it looks. (I wonder how long it will take the dogs to figure an escape route?) Mom expressed concern that she would no longer have a breeze, but she sat out on the back porch last night and allayed her own fears. The forecast finally indicates a little fallish weather, with highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's. Ma will have to bundle up! I hope she enjoys many days of sitting on her newly private back porch.

Here's a pic Karis took of us sitting on the porch in the lovely 90 degree weather last Sunday evening. We sat out for quite some time until Mom suddenly asked, "Is it too warm for you?" To which I replied, "Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment