Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Mother I Never Knew

There are so many things I don't know about my mom. I learned something new this week. As I was going through Mom's books, I thought this one looked cute. And funny. Quaint. I set it out on the bookcase by the door.



Mom noticed it and told me she read and re-read this book when she was pregnant with me. Mom was 43 when she had me. My brother was 1-1/2. My other siblings were, hmm, 8, 10 and 14? Dad was 42 and not happy that Mom was having another baby. Mom said he was upset with her. (Hello? Two to tango? Personal responsibility? Basics of human reproduction?) Anyway, Mom said the book comforted her.

Who knew? I told her I'd have to give it a read myself.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet thing to learn about your Mom! (((Gwen))) I hope that book is a blessing to you friend!

    ReplyDelete