Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Plan

In case you didn't know, Texas is on fire. You can see it here. Sometimes I suspect the news media of exaggerating disasters, but I can tell you we see the smoke. The sky looks strange. Tuesday morning there was ash on my car. Two boys on Nate's football team have had to evacuate their homes. (Being Texans, they still showed up at the football game, pulling trailers full of their earthly possessions behind their vehicles.) This is the real deal.

Karis texted me Tuesday afternoon.

Karis: Don't worry. Grandma just informed me that if a fire came, she'd just crawl down into the culvert. [The culvert is where a little creek next to Mom's yard runs under the street.]

Me: Good to know. It's always good to have a plan.

Karis: Yeah, Grandma said she'd just hunker down with the snakes and turtles. Asked if I'd join her.

Me: And you said?

Karis: Where else would I go!

The fires are miles away from us, so I'm not worried. Especially not now that The Plan is in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment