Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fold the Tent

Yesterday, Mom really outdid herself. It must have been one of her "burst of energy" days. She was very excited and upbeat when I saw her in the morning, then she had Karis take her to the bank (I know it's just drive through, but last week she asked me to go for her), the post office (where she had Karis go in for her, but still!), and the grocery store. Mom called me early in the evening to let me know how excited she was about having Aunt Helen's daybed set up in Mom's front bedroom. (Dave and Meg went by to assemble it.) During the call, she told me she was going to Game Night up at church! Whew. I'm tired just thinking about it all.

And today Mom is tired. We went by after Nate's football game. Meg, her dog Reuben, and Nate stayed on the back porch while Ev and I went to HEB. While we were all out on the porch, Ev asked, "Is everything painted now?" We talked about Perry's work being nearly finished. He just needs to finish up on the fence. I asked Mom, "So what's next?" Mom answered,
"Next, it's time for Grandma to fold her tent."

1 comment: