Saturday, May 7, 2011

She Said Yes!

Dave and I invited ourselves in to Mom's house today. She seemed very reluctant to have us, saying things like "I guess I could invite you in," and "I guess I could offer you some cheesecake," but not really doing either. Her whole demeanor changed though when Dave presented the idea of Karis moving in. She loved it! She accepted with no hesitation. She even confessed that the doctor had told her it was time to have someone with her. Mom asked if Karis could move in tonight! (She can't; she was at a pool party this afternoon and works tonight til 10.)

We discussed some details, like where Karis will sleep (master bedroom?) and what she will eat (stock fridge with own food plus eat with Gma some). We also assured Mom that Karis will be in and out with work, friends, etc., and will not need to be entertained. Mom asked if she would have parties. (No.) And Mom said I must tell her if she is doing something with Karis that I do not allow. She explained that she was remembering once when Karis spent time with her after a sibling was born. When I came to pick her up, Karis excitedly proclaimed, "Mommy, Grandma lets me do everything you don't!" Too funny. We assured her that Karis makes a lot of her own decisions now that she is 18, but still graciously checks with us about plans.

I really think it will be a great fit and fun for both.

2 comments:

  1. sounds great Gwen! answered prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Miracles do happen! That is great. Just talked with Mom two or three days ago and she was very much against anyone staying with her. She was quite adamant that she was doing just fine, thank you very much. So glad for this!

    ReplyDelete