Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life is a Highway

And I think my brother must average about 100 mph as he drives along it. Mom called early this afternoon from South Dakota. South Dakota. She sounded giddy. I wonder if that was before or after Loren snapped this picture at the Corn Palace.



Mom said they had a lovely visit with my brother Bill and his family. She said I would be jealous of my sister-in-law's garden. No doubt! I assured Mom we were watering her yard and Perry was working, and that was all she needed to hear. It was nice of her to call. She even said it was nice to hear my voice. How about that?

1 comment:

  1. (I have had trouble posting comments the last few weeks. A friend of Paul's helped me get back on to the blog by switching my browser to Google Chrome) Happy for Mom and Loren, and glad she called Gwen! She called me today, too, asking about the air museum in Iowa City. We had visited one in Dayton, Ohio together in 1997. Yes, she did sound absolutely giddy!

    ReplyDelete