Saturday, May 7, 2011

Remains of the Week

The remainder of this week has been uneventful. I shopped for Mom as requested and she is pleased with her two new outfits. While she was not ready for another grocery trip, she did have me pick up some rib-eyes that were on special. (After Dad got dentures, he could not chew steak. Mom is really enjoying eating what she wants to eat.) I moved some money around so Mom could have easy access. She thanked me for taking care of business. Mom also asked me to pick up some supplies for her at Walmart and was very grateful. She said something to the effect that she doesn't miss driving to Walmart.

I've struggled with my feelings toward Mom this week. I need to find the balance between trying to have the relationship that never was and never will be, and live and let die. "Why don't you want to spend time with us?" vs. "Fine, go ahead and die alone." There has to be a middle ground.

Today, probably around noon, Dave and I are going over to talk with Mom about Karis moving in with her. Karis, Dave and I think this is the most palatable way to get someone in with Mom. We will try to sell it as a way for Karis to save money on gas, plus have a little independence now that she is graduating from high school. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment