Monday, November 23, 2009

Slow Learner

I am, that is.

I think I am expecting too much. My idea was to share the load with Mom and have a relationship with her and Dad. They, on the other hand, want desperately to do this on their own and are happy to see us monthly when the pill boxes need refilling and the grass needs mowing.

Mom told me at the start not to come by. She said she would call if they needed me. I didn't listen then and here we are.

I think things need to be on Mom's terms. I need to honor her wishes. Maybe at last I'm learning.

2 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) Such a hard life transition for them and for you. Praying you know when to be there and when to give space my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. true and wise and nicely stated. and each additional day they can make it is a thankful day...

    ReplyDelete