Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Same Old Tricks

After students today, I had about an hour before school was out, so I dropped in on Mom and Dad. They were just coming in from sitting in the sun. It was sweet to see them going along together. We visited for awhile and Mom was talking about running errands tomorrow. I asked if Rhonda would be there with Dad and that's when Mom let fly that they had let her go. Mom said she was very happy with Rhonda's work, but Dad just couldn't stand paying a "babysitter".

We went back and forth a bit about how little money it was, blah blah blah. Then the conversation went something like this:

Gwen: Are you going to carry the phone with you so when you fall and Mom is out, you can call Liz?

Dad: I could do that.

Gwen: Do you know Liz' number?

Dad: No, not by heart.

Mom: We have it written down in the book.

Gwen: So you will crawl over and look up Liz' number when you can't get up?

Dad: Well, I hadn't planned it all out like that.

Seriously???

I'm trying to stay out of their business. I really am. They just make it so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment