Monday, November 9, 2009

In and Out

Nate and I went over to the folks' today after my morning with students. Nate did his schoolwork on his laptop. (Remember factor boxes and trees? Can you name and identify the four types of sentences? I am definately not smarter than a seventh grader.) Nate and I played dominoes. Grandma didn't leave, but she sort of disappeared.

Dad seemed good for the most part. Still tired and sore. He didn't sleep again last night. At one point I was visiting with him about the church game nights he and Mom attend. I asked when the next one was. He said they were on the last Friday of each month, so the next one would be New Years. Hmmm. I had wondered about his concept of current time a couple of weeks ago when he wanted me to buy his Christmas gift for Mom. He works hard to know the date, but I guess it just slips away from him sometimes.

Mom called Ves this afternoon (returning the office call from Friday) and found out that Dad does need to take thyroid meds. She said she did call him last week to ask about the blood bacteria. He told her Dad would have to be hospitalized to test for that. So that's the end of that road!

No comments:

Post a Comment