Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Respite Day Three

Today I:

Took Ev to school in the rain
Took Meg to college in the rain
Went to Target in the rain
Dropped purchases at home in the rain
Worked with two students in the main building because of the rain (I'm not complaining...we love the rain!)
Picked up Panera tomato soup for Mom (and a blueberry scone for me)
Worked with two more students
Picked up Ev
Went to Sam's with Ev
Fixed a big salad for dinner
Went to Chiller Bee with the fam
Went to Kroger with Meg
Filled the Suburban with gas (ow ow ow!)
Washed a load of laundry
Cooked up some chicken stock

While I was finishing up with my last student, Gayle texted to say Mom had asked her to call Nurse Christy. When Mom got up from her early afternoon nap, she told Gayle that it felt uncomfortable when she passed urine. Come to find out, this has been happening for some time; Mom doesn't know how long. She doesn't have a fever. She doesn't know that she wants to take antibiotics.

Mom's appetite has really fallen off the last two days. The Big Evil is growing. Mom let me outline It with sharpie today. She thinks she will die soon, and told Gayle she loves her and is glad she is here to help me when she (Mom) dies. I don't know. Mom is in bad shape, but she's had these thoughts before. I'm not so sure death will come when called, or come so easily. All we can do is watch and pray. And change a lot of diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment