Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Big Evil

We may have seen the Big Evil this morning. When I changed Mom before breakfast, there was a raised lump on her belly, to the right and slightly lower than her belly button. It measures about 3"x2" and Mom says it is not painful, although I certainly didn't prod or poke. We've been on something of a changing marathon, with bowel movements at least every couple of hours yesterday, transitioning to a leaking catheter (or imagining a leaking catheter) every couple of hours last night, and this thing was definitely not visible until this morning.

Mom is happy. I am not.

I was really hoping Mom's heart or lungs would give out before the cancer took over her colon. I feel like we had a preview of intestinal blockage last week with Meg. It was not nice, truly something I hope to never see again. Of course, this could be something else, not the Big Evil. We'll see if it sticks around.

No comments:

Post a Comment