Saturday, March 24, 2012

Respite Day Seven

Today I:

*Scrubbed and bleached the shower
*Cheered for Nate at his select team football game
*Had a celebratory dinner with the fam at Five Guys
*Shopped at Old Navy with Meg and Ev
*Did a quick grocery store run to HEB
*Started dreading tomorrow when my sister leaves and I'm back on duty

I am so thankful for my seven days of respite! I am so not looking forward to watching my sister's little tan prius disappear around the corner at the end of the street, then going back into the house to shoulder the responsibility of Mom's care again. I cannot see the end from here.

To be truthful, I am like this every time I come back from a vacation. I don't like to work. I like to be on holiday. Why can't I always be on vacation? Whyyyy?

*sigh*

Of course I will put on my big girl panties and do what God has given me to do. I will, really I will. I know He will make me able. And there is a bright spot ahead. Tuesday night, my brother Loren will fly in for a week. He won't do diaper changes, but he does dishes and cleaning and yardwork and take-out. And he makes Mama very, very happy. He is her favorite drug.

So as my week of respite ends, huge huge huge thanks to my sister Gayle for her mission of mercy. You were my very own Visiting Angel. Be safe on your way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment