Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More Mama Mojo

My mom has definite t.v. viewing times. She doesn't sit around watching daytime t.v. or anything, but when Grandma's Programs are on, everyone knows to give a wide berth. Mom is serious about catching her shows and hardly ever misses. Here is the viewing schedule:

Sean Hannity, weeknights, 8:00pm

The Journal Editorial Report, Saturdays, 1:00pm

Fox News Sunday, Sundays, 1:00pm or 5:00pm

Huckabee, Saturdays or Sundays, 7:00pm

Monday, Nurse Christy told Mom that she was attending a banquet that night and the speaker was none other than the highly-revered Mike Huckabee. I asked Mom if she wanted Christy to procure an autograph, and she answered in her pitiful voice, "I'd have to leave it." Translation: I'm dying soon and I can't take an autograph with me. Alrighty then.

This evening, Nurse Christy dropped by. She walked into Mom's room and Mom asked, "What are you grinning about?" Christy handed Mom her banquet ticket with Mike Huckabee's picture on the front. On the back was a handwritten note:

Dear Anna --
God Bless you as you
deal with the illness --
I pray God's peace on you --
Thanks for watching my show!
Mike Huckabee


How about that? I guess the Mama Mojo even works long distance, and on famous people. It really shouldn't surprise me.

1 comment: