Friday, March 16, 2012

The Cavalry Is Coming

Tomorrow morning, my sister Gayle will climb into her trusty tan prius (aptly named Sandy) and turn her tires toward Texas. When I asked if she had definitive travel plans, she said she planned to leave in the morning and drive like crazy. Sounds like a plan to me.

Gayle is making the trek (my mom used to call the drive just from Oklahoma to Texas "The Trail of Tears") in order to care for Mom and give me a break. I will cart my kids around, go to appointments, work with my students at Brighter Vistas, get my hair cut, run errands, do the grocery shopping, maybe have lunch with a friend, maybe go on a date with my husband. I'm hoping Dave will move back to the lake house for the week and use it as a study week for his doctoral projects due this summer. The kids and I will stay at Mom's, and with a little shuffling Gayle will fit right in. I'm also hoping Dave and I can meet with a rental management company and a realtor to discuss our options for the lake house.

I'm looking forward to a break from caring for Mom full-time. Mom is looking forward to it too! I'm not sure if Gayle is looking forward to her week here or not. Nonetheless, she's coming. The cavalry is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment