Saturday, February 19, 2011

Shower the People You Love with Love

"Are you trying to bury me with valentines???"

That's what Mom said when we appeared at her door with a red and pink gift bag on Valentine's Day. Bear in mind, she's not a gift-giving occasion kind of gal. I remember giving small Valentine's gifts to my family members when I was in high school and my mom wondering what I was doing. This year, poor Mom had to endure:

*Chocolate dipped strawberries from Shari's Berries

*Roses

*An azalea with large balloon

*A royal blue velour JLo suit

*And of course, the singing valentine

She even got a sweet old-timey valentine from her Bible study leader. Bless her tough-as-nails heart. What's an old crustacean to do?

1 comment:

  1. Mom said to me, "My kids are spoiling me rotten--and I love it!" (speaking about all the valentines she received) Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete