Friday, April 6, 2012

Lavish

Lavish. That's the only word for it. In the midst of all this poop and crankiness and weariness and shadow of death, God has chosen to lavish His love on me. Of course, I know God always cares for me, but this whole week has been a parade of love notes from Him. I don't know how He works it. Maybe my friends will tell me. But somehow He lets them know to send me a message, a reminder of His great affection for me, and they do it. Beautifully.

So a friend sends me an encouraging note with a couple of our favorite handcrafted candles.

And another friend texts to let me know she's thinking of me and my mom.

A friend texts to say she's on the way to the store and offers to pick up my list too.

A friend bakes a buttermilk pie, and helps my son put together thoughts on paper.

A friend and her daughter construct that darling resurrection scene with the flower pot as the empty tomb and the grass seed growing around the three empty crosses. And they leave it at the office for me.

An out-of-state friend that I have never met in real life sends me a care package of springtime goodies and pretties, plus a card that makes me gasp and sob before I even read the inside.

A friend mails me an encouraging card, reminding me she and others are praying for me, my family, and my mom.

A friend zips by on her lunch hour to deliver homebaked goodies, including a package of gf chocolate muffins for Meg. (And in an interesting mash up of love notes, I seriously think her irish soda bread was a recipe from a magazine in the care package from my out-of-state friend!)

A friend texts to see if she can bring a Starbucks by for me, and stops by with her entire charming family for a quick visit.

It was such an outpouring, I may have left some off and might need to come back and add more. I'm telling you, it was a flood. An outpouring. Lavish.

Thank you, friends. Thank you, God. I got Your message.

How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world.
Psalm 31:19

2 comments:

  1. God, thank You for blessing my friend in so many amazing little ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why we call it Holy week. God came near to lavish His love on you.

    ReplyDelete