Saturday, April 21, 2012

Goodbye, Sister

I was just loading up the dishwasher and put my sister's water glass in and it made me sad. Because she's gone. Ruthie left today after tucking Mom in for her morning nap. Ruth took such good care of Mom. They really had a great week together. Ruth tended to Mom so gently and sweetly. She played her violin. She sat and visited with Mom by the window and outside. Once, Ruth got Mom set up outside and came in the house. Mom called her on her cell phone and said, "Come sit in the lawn chair!" So sweet. Ruth was a trouper and Mom was on her best behavior.

I ran errands galore, took Meg to the doctor, got two fillings and a root canal plus a cleaning, worked with Nate to sort through his room at the lake house (*sob*), carted people hither and yon, took the dogs to the vet, and went on two dates with my husband. I am thankful for the change of pace and scenery. I am happy to take care of Mom, but there is definitely a sense of putting my head down and getting back to it.

Thank you, Ruth, for the refreshing break! I miss you already.

3 comments:

  1. So thankful you got some time to do something different!! You are serving your mom well, friend!! Love you bunches!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Barb completely! Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your water glass be re-filled as you move into the next lap of this marathon of love. From Martha, Mark's sister.

    ReplyDelete