Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ya Just Never Know

This afternoon, Ev and I stopped by to visit Mom. We noticed Mom's long driveway and sidewalk looked especially neat. I asked Mom if she had blown her drive and walk and she said yes! She said she had a "burst of energy" and "wanted to get ready for the rain." Then she laughed and asked, "Is that crazy?"

Crazy good! I love that she can get out and work in the yard. It makes her happy. She was so proud. Then she walked us around to show us the three closets she had emptied so Perry can clean and paint tomorrow. That was some burst of energy. She did seem really tired while we were there, but who wouldn't be after all that? What a woman.

It does remind me of Dad though. Remember how he would seem so frail and weak and then the next day do three laps around the driveway? Hmm. I'll have to make a list of ways Mom is reminding me of Dad. These things sort of fly around in my head until I write them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment