Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!

He is risen indeed!

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday. It was my turn to help lead worship. My friend Noelle suggested to our worship pastor that it might mean a lot to my mom to hear me sing some special music. Noelle and I sang this song. Such a thoughtful idea and she was right.

As we sang about Jesus' resurrection yesterday morning, I was struck with how many of the songs speak about not just rejoicing now, but about the joy we will have when we meet Him face to face.

When I stand, in that place
Free at last, meeting face to face
I am Yours Jesus You are mine
Endless joy, perfect peace
Earthly pain finally will cease
Celebrate Jesus is alive
He's alive


and


When with the ransomed in glory
his face I at last shall see,
'twill be my joy through the ages
to sing of his love for me.


and


No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny


And that made me think that Mom is singing these songs with us now, but soon she will be celebrating with Jesus. Incredible!

2 comments:

  1. Jesus was honored yesterday in our worship service, You and Noelle sang beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful idea--so glad you did this, sister! The music and scriptures seemed to pierce the heart, this Good Friday and Easter as I realized how close Mom is to death and new life.

    ReplyDelete