Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Special Occasions

Saturday, New Years Day, was Mom and Dad's anniversary. Although she doesn't talk about it much, I know Mom must miss Dad terribly. They used to go out on New Year's Eve to celebrate their anniversary. Dave sweetly invited Mom out for dinner Friday night. My brother Bill and his wife Cathy kindly planned a visit around this weekend. They arrived Friday evening and left Monday morning. I'm so glad Mom did not have to wake up alone in her house on her wedding anniversary.

Friday, January 14, is Mom's birthday. She will be celebrating 90 years of life! What an amazing ride. My brother Loren is coming Sunday to visit with his mama. In fact, he will spend his own birthday here. Meg is planning to bake him a cake.

I don't know what we will do to celebrate Mom's day. She doesn't like parties. And just this past week, she has started asking not to have my children come over. (Goodness knows we are pretty much a traveling party!) It reminds me of when we all simply became too much for Dad. Just another part of folding the tent, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good visit, and it does seem that mom's tent is folding. She does enjoy you and family. She did mention that the energy of the young is too much at times, but after a walk or some time she would ask me to text you to have all come over. So maybe a late afternoon visit on the 14th? It will be interesting to see if she ever gets to the point that dad did where she will not have the energy to listen to rush and sean. Probably not! A cool note about how God works. Last Sunday in class mom was listening to Bonn (sp?) as he is dealing with grief over his wife's health and life issues.

    ReplyDelete