Saturday, January 8, 2011

Birthday Plans

Mom has invited us over to have chili and celebrate Loren's birthday Monday night. Meg and a friend are planning an armadillo cake for the occasion. German chocolate armadillo, to be exact.

Mom has instructed me that there is to be no surprise for her upcoming birthday. I told her I was not planning a surprise, but asked what she would like to do to celebrate.

Mom: Hmmm, ahhhh.

Gwen: Could we bake you a cake?

Mom: No, I like crisp.

Gwen: Oh, could we bake you a crisp?

Mom: Well, you put too much sugar in yours.

Gwen: (gritting teeth) Do you have a recipe we could use?

Mom: (laughs)


We never did land on anything, so I'll have to keep asking. Or maybe we will just have to show up and say Happy Birthday. The only plans Mom has sounded positive about for the day are:

Mom: Loren is leaving Thursday. I think I'll call Jan and we'll go see True Grit on Friday.

Perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Gwen-
    I miss you and think of you and your mama often as you walk out daily life. Know you are loved and prayed for from afar. You are a remarkable woman.....I think you get it honest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, nice background with hugs! maybe flowers and all of us give mom a call on the 14th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. While Loren is there, why not discuss what the celebration plans will be for the 90th birthday party, which will happen either at mom's or your house. Discuss the menu. Loren will be able to get her to make a decision, I believe! Don't give up! She's not getting out of this one. At least a family party! Flowers at church in honor of her birthday!

    ReplyDelete