Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Comfort

So I've been asking God for a little bit of that comfort and joy this Christmas. Today Dave was preaching on Zechariah from Luke 1. God gave me this from Zechariah's song of praise.

Through the heartfelt mercies of our God,
God's Sunrise will break in upon us,
Shining on those in the darkness,
those sitting in the shadow of death,
Then showing us the way, one foot at a time,
down the path of peace.

Luke 1:78,79
The Message


I'll have to edit this on our newer computer so I can underline the parts that jumped out at me as I read and listened.

I love that God has heartfelt mercies toward me.

I love that He calls Jesus "God's Sunrise".

I love that He shines on those sitting in the shadow of death. That's me. I'm sitting in the shadow of death.

I love that He will show me the way down the path of peace, one foot at a time. The path of peace sounds really good. And I definitely need step-by-step directions.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Papa comforted you in such an intimate and powerful way!!! I love you and think of you so often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said Gwen! very encouraging to remember that God is working in all these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for the Word from the Lord to you this Christmas season--and to us all. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete