Monday, December 13, 2010

Meet Me in St. Louis

Friday morning, bright and early, Dave and I picked up Mom and headed to the airport. Once again, Mom's luggage was on the sidewalk. But this time, Mom got into the truck saying, "I don't know why I make these plans. This is the last time. No more. This is it." Not an auspicious start for our weekend together!

We breezed through security. Seriously, it is the easiest time I've had since 2001. I didn't have to take off my belt or jewelry. I even recklessly wore an underwire bra. No full body scan, no strip search, no pat down, no nothing. I don't know if the public outcry has changed things or if the whole security thing was media hype, but I didn't experience any of the well-publicized invasions of privacy. And I am thankful.

Gayle and Mark picked us up at the airport in St. Louis. We had a lovely bowl of Gayle's Italian Chicken Noodle Soup (I meant to get that recipe), then headed out to Trader Joe's. (Be still my heart.) I found the legendary Dark Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Joe Joe's (yes Virginia they do live up to the hype) and Mom picked out some Social Snacker crackers. Which is just funny. Really.



Mark grilled steaks for dinner, then headed off to his Christmas production. We enjoyed Gayle's orchestra rehearsal, then called it a day.

1 comment: