Monday, December 20, 2010

Forrest

My brother Loren is coming to visit Mom in January. Mom and Dad's anniversary is in January. She and Loren both have birthdays in January. It's a good time for him to come, for both of them. Loren is having a hard time with the idea of letting his mama go. Karis and I were watching Forrest Gump recently and this scene captured what I feel from Loren.

The look on Forrest's face is perfect! When the scene began, I thought, "That's Loren!" Not that my brother looks like Forrest Gump; it's the emotion. It's terror and love and confusion and affection and grief and admiration and disbelief and devotion, all rolled into one facial expression. Poor Forrest! Poor Loren.

1 comment:

  1. Loren, you will still have your sisters and brother. We will love you and your family, and stay close. We will remember our mama and daddy and their amazing lives. Glad you are coming in January. Let's celebrate the 90th birthday!

    ReplyDelete