Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another Goodbye

Mom called late this morning to say that when she returned home from Ladies' Bible Study, she had a message from my cousin Marsha. Mom's dear sister, my Aunt Helen, passed away peacefully this morning around 7:45. She was at home with both of her daughters. Mom said Aunt Helen opened her eyes, looked at her girls, then was gone.

I know it is good for Aunt Helen. She is whole, no longer confused or infirm, and reunited with her husband Ed. I'll bet she is sitting on the front porch, visiting with Mama.

But again, I'm surprised by sorrow. Even when it is welcome, even overdue, death is so sad.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry. I will miss Aunt Helen's visits. And I agree with your last statement very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for all the good-byes you are being faced with these days! That's a lot of grief in a short period of time!! Love you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete