Saturday, October 30, 2010

All Things Together For Good

Subtitle: A Really Ding-y Girl and A Really Great God

This week when we heard the details for Aunt Helen's service, I hopped on the internet to make plane reservations for Mom and me. Mom wanted to fly in Friday morning and back home Saturday, so I was pleased to find a flight that left town at a reasonable hour, but got us into KC before noon. I clicked, I booked, I printed. The tickets were about $500 each, but what can you do? Sometimes you just pay what you have to pay and go on.

I showed Dave our itinerary when he got home. He said, "Uh, Babe. You've got a problem." Those Friday morning times were actually Friday evening times. Ack!

So that's the Ding-y Girl part.

I immediately got back on the internet to see what I could do to correct my incredibly stupid mistake. I tried to call Expedia, but got a message that they were too busy and to call back another time. I sent a desperate e-mail. I called again the next morning, and got the same message. I called again around noon, got the same message, and decided to try to get through.

Here comes the Really Great God part.

Within seconds, I was speaking to a representative. She most helpfully cancelled my reservations, then booked us on a flight that actually arrived before the graveside service.

With no penalty fees.

At half the cost of the original flight.

Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! So proud of you for confessing on the blog before millions of readers! We did the same thing with tickets for Jonathan and Gabriel to Grandpa's funeral, with not so gracious results...

    ReplyDelete