Tuesday, February 7, 2012

And More

Mom is no longer washing pots and pans, which was one of her holdouts.

She has been having Nate help her with making up her bed, but today she just had the lovely Cassandra (personal aide) do it for her.

She is sleeping so much. Not catnapping; sleeping hard after any exertion, like a shower or a meal or a conversation.

Mom is using the potty chair in her room at night. She commented on how much energy it saves for her over walking to the bathroom each time.

Tonight as she was getting ready for bed, we talked about her visit from Nurse Christy today. Christy told her she thinks Mom's heart will be the thing to go. Mom seemed relieved with that thought.

We also talked about my schedule, and the amount of time I'm gone. Mom said she was glad that most of the time someone is home with her, even if it is just one of the children. (Well, you know, teenagers. But still children.) I reminded Mom that my schedule is very flexible and she assured me she would let me know when she wants me to be home more. I'm not so sure Mom will let me know. We'll see.

I'm praying for wisdom and grace and mercy.

1 comment:

  1. Gwen, you all are in my prayers. We love you all, Jenifer

    ReplyDelete