Thursday, June 9, 2011

Twofer

Mom called me twice today! In her first call, she wanted a work and weather report.

Work: The kids and I went over again this morning. Perry has finished painting in the living room, so we helped pull off tape and paper, dusted, and replaced furniture. Dug some more post holes. Removed cabinet fronts and pulls in kitchen. Started stripping wallpaper in kitchen. Watered. Watered. Watered.

Weather: Same. Hot and dry. Record drought continues. (See watering info above.)

She told me how she was enjoying her time in Idaho. She talked with Karis and told her, "I'm in heaven!" But then Mom asked Karis if she was going to be back at the house Wednesday night. She wanted to be sure her roommate was on board. :)

Mom called a second time as we were on the way home from her house. Loren had been teasing her and she wanted to make sure we were not putting pictures back up on the newly painted walls! So funny. She has been very adamant about not returning any pictures to the walls, so of course we hadn't hung any up. But she wanted to check.

Mom insists it is time for her to come home. It did occur to me today that Mom doesn't really need cabinet fronts in order for her kitchen to be functional. So, if Perry doesn't get the doors sanded, bondoed (how do you spell that?), painted, and replaced by next Wednesday night, it will be okay.

Really, I know that I should stop worrying about this and just let the chips fall as they may. None of this, from the remodel to the trip to the return, none of it has been my idea. Why do I feel like I need to run around and make things work out right? I dunno. I'm the baby of the family, for crying out loud! I'm supposed to shirk responsibility, right? I don't know what my problem is.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting the house ready for my visit (with mark) later in June! It's OK to act like a first born ever so often! We will really appreciate it when we come south for our vacation! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! You know, the only thing I'm really not pleased with is those red curtains in the master. I'm not even sure I want red and I definitely don't like those. Suggestions? Neutral? To the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the red, but neutral would be nice too. Depends on your furniture placement and what color your bedding is. Have you ever looked at country curtains online? They are from new England area.

    ReplyDelete