Thursday, June 16, 2011

Business as Usual

Late this morning, Karis asked her grandma what she would like for lunch. She told me about the ensuing conversation.

Grandma: I'll just eat another bagel.

Karis: Grandma, you can't just eat bagels. You need some meat.

Grandma: I'll go up to HEB later and get some tangerines.

Karis: Grandma, that's not meat!

Grandma: Hey, who's the mother here?

Karis: May and I are going to pick up something from McKenzie's. Do you want anything?

Grandma: Why aren't you going to eat there?

Karis: Because I don't like to spend time there. I work there!

Grandma: Why aren't you going to Chicken Licken?

Karis explained to me that Chicken Licken is what Mom calls Chick-fil-a. So she and her friend went to Chick-fil-a and got Mom a chicken sandwich and fries for lunch.

I just skipped the tortuous conversation and got Mom some barbecue for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Gwen! Bring her some food and she will eat! You know what she likes!

    ReplyDelete