Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Respite/Work Week

My sister Gayle arrived Saturday night after the long drive from St. Louis. She came bearing sourdough starter and homeground rice flour to make my family gluten-free pancakes. She brought cucumbers from her garden, canning jars, cider vinegar, dill weed and grape leaves to make her famous pickles. But most importantly she brought the gift of time.

Time for my family to relax together. Time for us to see a movie at the theater. Time for us to go to church and go out to eat afterwards. Maybe even time to go to the beach. And time to work like crazy on the lake house. I'm hoping that this is the week (really) that we get the lake house ready to go on the market.

Dave has taken the week off from work. The kids are all pitching in. Some old and dear friends came out yesterday afternoon to work alongside us, sharing the load physically, mentally, and emotionally. I think we have Gayle until Saturday. I'm asking God for a supernaturally productive week, beyond what I can imagine. Gotta go get to work!

2 comments:

  1. When we got in the car to leave, May said, with a smile, "It feels like growth community." I agree. It did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray this week blesses you in ways you never could have imagined and that you find yourself accomplishing more than what seems logical on paper! Love you, friend...bunches!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete