Friday, June 29, 2012

Renovation Tip

So, it turns out that it is hard to focus on home renovation when your Mom is declining and probably in her final days. Who knew? (My good friend says, "Your Papa." Yes.) I've lost track of how many dumb things I've said and done, how many things I've misplaced, how many times I've gone to the store only to leave without the items on my list. Extra grace needed all around. Thank God my main job is to just paint. It is such simple work that I've even been able to talk to God and other people while painting. And no, we are not "all done," so don't even ask! I'll tell you when we're done. But we are making progress. The kids and Dave have worked like beasts every day, and friends have helped too.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Gayle is faithfully tending to Mom. Mom is still in bed. Still not eating. In pain, but won't admit it. Angry and scared and so very unhappy with this whole scenario. We are trying to keep her comfortable. Poor Mama. This is not the way she wanted things to go. None of us want this misery for her. We pray for mercy. We pray for grace.

3 comments:

  1. Joining you in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, I am a faithful reader, but rarely comment. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you often, lifting you and your mama up, whenever you come to mind. Praying for mercy and grace today.

    'Lisalyn'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry friend. Its so hard watching our parents ... decline. I just can't write the other word. (((Gwen))) Praying for you and your family friend!

    ReplyDelete