Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks

I don't know how to write about Thanksgiving Day 2011 without using superlatives. It was an incredible family day. Mom was delighted with the food and the company. She napped when she needed to and didn't do any of the preparations. She put on her nice royal blue velour sweats. She loved looking at the dogs in the backyard. She was so into the festive spirit, that she had Ev set up her record player and Bose in the living room so she could play Christmas music. She even watched some football with Dave. My whole family enjoyed our day at Mom's house, and she enjoyed having us there. It was a day we will remember forever with fondness. It was more than I ever hoped for; it was everything Thanksgiving should be.

And I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me get teary-eyed at what a sweet Thanksgiving gift Papa allowed you to all experience! I am so thankful you all had such a special day!!

    Smiling thru the tears,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete